Singapore Feng Shui: The Astrology Behind It
To begin with, let us understand the concept of Feng Shui. It is an ancient Chinese traditional practice which, in terms of astrology, helps an individual to harmonize with surroundings. It is claimed to help you with life improvements through arranging your surroundings in harmony with natural energy flow. Singapore Feng Shui is so popular that it is a part of many homes and shops.
The five rules
There are some principles to begin Feng Shui, that is:
- Be organized and tidy- This is the foremost step. Before anything, clear the clutter in your environment. Chinese define ‘chi’ as invisible energy that brings life together. It means a clear mind and purity; you should first clean your surroundings. For a starter, begin with cleaning your room.
- Keeping the bed away from the bed- It is one of the strict rules. Your head should not lie underneath a window. Relax, there is a logic behind it. Chinese people believe that your mind needs solid support to rest, so keeping your bed along a solid wall with no doors on either side would do that.
- Separate work and rest areas- It is to maintain tranquility. Having space as your work area and rest area would do no good. You can never be at peace at the place where you are working.
- Bagua Map- This map helps you make positive changes in your life.
- Choose your colors- You must know the colors you want around yourself. Like green, it makes you feel calm and peaceful, whereas red makes you feel passionate and bold.
Singapore Feng Shui can be seen in Singapore’s pattern of buildings and architecture. Feng Shui influences everything in Singapore. The three towers of the Marina Bay Sands Complex have reflective surfaces that give the impression of water. Water signifies wealth and prosperity in Feng Shui.