As everyone knows, all the cattle mainly eat grass. The grass-fed beef mainly spends their entire lives eating the grass only. These beef are also known as grass-finished beef. Some of the benefits of grass-fed beef Singapore have been discussed in this article.
Important health benefits of grass-fed beef to know about
The grass-fed beef is mainly up to 2/3 lower in fat as well as calories in comparison to feedlot-raised beef.
- The grass-fed beef is an important source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can help in reducing inflammation. The grass-fed animals have 2 to 4 times more amount of omega-3 fatty acid in comparison to the meat from the grain-fed animals.
- The grass-fed cows are mainly free from any antibiotics as well as growth hormones. In addition to antibiotics, conventional meat is mainly loaded with hormones. These hormones make the cows grow faster. The cows which are mainly raised in this manner mainly reach full-size up to the year faster in comparison to grass-fed cows. The reduced amounts of saturated fats that are found in grass-fed beef can decrease the chances of heart disease.
- Grass-fed meat has got an indistinct, earthy flavor, which is mainly derived from the varied diet of the cows.
- The production of grass-fed beef is comparatively less harmful to the environment in comparison to conventional beef.
- The grass-fed beef meat has more antioxidants.
These are some of the important facts to know about grass-fed beef in Singapore.